Monday, February 7, 2011

Sunday Message

Sister Hunt's Relief Society lesson on sacrifice was wonderful yesterday. The whole thing was great but I wanted to share one quote:

"It is not a sacrifice to live to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is never a sacrifice when you get back more than you give. It is an investment. And the living of the gospel of Jesus Christ becomes a greater investment than any of which we know because its dividends are eternal and everlasting." President Gordon B. Hinckley, Aug 1995.

It was the perfect ending to a fast and testimony meeting that seemed to be centered around the blessings of living the gospel, followed by a Sunday school lesson about Christ's disciples and the sacrifices they gave. It made me realize how little I have to sacrifice and how blessed I have been. I have had such amazing examples in my life of people who have sacrificed so much. My Grandma Clessa is the first that comes to my mind. She truly lived to serve others and never worried about her own needs. I will miss her dearly as she passed away last night. I have made a personal resolve to try to be more like her and find ways to serve others and worry less about my own needs.

Thank you Grandma for the wonderful life in which you lived, we will miss you dearly.

No comments: