Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hangin' ten

Today we went to playa Hermosa for some surf lessons.  Camryn and Carter got surf lessons while me and Logan played on a boogie board.  They all did so good surfing for their first times.  Carter may have found a new love, he did not ever want to stop.  I kept encouraging breaks and he never wanted to take one.  Even when it started raining he wanted to stay out in the water and surf.  Here are a few of the pics.

First the kids got lessons on how to get up on the board.





Then they were ready to hit the waves
 Carter got up his first try, his only complaint was that the ride didn't last long enough because he loved every second of it.

 
Seriosly, how cool does Camryn look in this pic?

It started to rain and storm a little so I made the kids get out of the water for a while.  They made some sand art.

 
We're all missing dad a lot these days :(
 
 
 Then Carter made a self portrait, can we count this as art class for today?
 

Then it was back to the waves.  Logan had a blast on his boogie board.

It was an awesome day.  One we will be doing again soon.  My only complaint is that it's a lot more stressful when I have three kids to worry about, I wanted to sit in the hammock and enjoy for a while but I didn't ever feel like I could let them play without being right there and they were not about to come and sit in a hammock with me for any amount of time.  All of them are already asking when we are going back.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

So fun!

Maureen Anne Arthur Olsen said...

Kristi I could not help but feel like maybe you understand how I felt coming 10,000 miles, raising my children without any family, and everything new. One advantage I did speak English and so did the USA. Steve worked such long hours and between school then jobs it was as if I was alone most of the time. But I ate up the experience and I want you to know I am so excited for you and the children. I thought your mums facebook had been hacked as I had no idea you were down there, but she assured me it was not and to come to you blog. Keep eating up the experiences and keep giving commentaries. I love it. Tammy was in Costa Rica on Her mission and the country looks a lot like photos she had. Love you and stay safe - your other ex Blanding mummy. Maureen O.