Sunday, March 15, 2009

Viva Mexico

We just got back from a week in Mexico and other than missing my kids I was not ready to come back to the real world just yet. We had such a good time. My parents and Stacy and Taylor came with us. We boarded the Princess Sapphire last Saturday and began eating immediately, and unfortunately it continued until they made us get off the ship yesterday. We spent two and a half days at sea and got to Puerto Vallarta on Tuesday. In PV (which is what all the locals call it and pretty much after 12 or so hours there we now consider ourselves local) we went on an awesome "adventure" which I would recommend to anyone going there. It started off with a boat ride followed by a very bumpy jeep ride. When we got to the "base camp" in the heart of the Sierra Madres we each mounted a mule and headed up the mountain. At the top we began the exciting trip down which included several zip lines, rapelling, hiking and the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. It was awesome, if you're going to Puerto Vallarta any time soon see this link for details.
The next day we went to Mazatlan. We decided to do a little more relaxing tour this day so we went to an island called Stone Island and did sea kayaks, road a bananna boat and then just relaxed on the beach. It was also lots of fun.
Thursday we went to Cabo San Lucas. We only had a few hours there so we just shopped and hung out on lover's beach. It was gorgeous and I really want to go back.
Friday and Saturday were spent on the boat getting back to L.A. It was nice to catch back up on sleep, it was really rough to not have time for naps on the three days we were at ports. We basically napped, ate, napped some more, and of course ate some more. We then spent two some what miserable days in the car to get home. The kids were very excited to have us home- thanks to Kera, Nicole, Cristi, Shantil, Rebecca, Cathy and Bryce we didn't worry about them while we were gone. We knew they were well taken care of and they all had a great time with everyone.

Jeremy on the Mule ride, there is some cowboy in him after all!!


Rappeling down the waterfalls.



the zip line race- I lost.




Free fall rappel.

seriously, how cute is he??



In case any questions arise with this photo I need to clarify that the drinks were all on the table when we sat here- at least that's our story and we're sticking to it.

Thanks again Mom, Dad, Stacy and Taylor. We had a great time, can't wait for next time!!!

7 comments:

Jessie said...

How fun Kristi! Grant and I did that exact same cruise this same time last year and it was so much fun!!!

Except for the fact that I was 13 weeks pregnant and barfed the whole way home. {could be because I ate SO MUCH on that dang cruise.

HA!

Heats said...

I am glad you had fun! It never is long enough!

Paula said...

It looks like you had a great time! I would love to go on that adventure tour. That looked awesome.

Rydgd said...

AMazing!! So glad you got to get away. Spencer's been BEGGING to go on a cruise...what did you do with your kiddos?? Looks like it was a GREAT trip!

melandriley said...

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun. One of these days Riley and I need to go on a trip with out our kids.

Ginger said...

Wow, I'm jealous. My inlaws just got back from PV. I guess if everyone else is going I'll have to go to. Sometime . . . I'm glad you had fun.

Erin said...

Looks like a fun trip. I love cruises. This one looks really awesome. I actually was going to call you because I had some questions about Jamaica and then I remembered you were gone on your own vacation. Glad you had fun.