Tuesday, June 16, 2009

St. George getaway, grass FINALLY, and friends.

Last weekend we decided to take the kids and go to St. George for a change of scenery. We left Thursday afternoon and stayed until Sunday. We had a great time- we went swimming three times, went to the movie Up (highly recommend it), and went for a short hike. We also went to a few nurseries and got some plants and pots to put in the yard.


AWWW- Look how much my kids love each other- how sweet they're hugging.


Or. . . . they're fighting and Camryn just won.



After living in our house for two and a half years the neighbors decided that the grace period was over and it was time we finish our front yard. So about a month ago Jeremy and I got working on it one Saturday. After a couple hours of pushing dirt around and being frustrated I came in and started calling landscapers (I know I'm a wimp). We found a local guy (well he's from Monticello but we forgave him for that) and by the end of the day we had gone from the original plan of just putting sod down and watering by hand to doing sprinklers, a courtyard, sod and some plants and trees. I am so glad now that we did it the right way. Our landscaper, Jeff Frost, was awesome and I would recommend him to anyone. He had lots of great ideas and our yard is so much better thanks to him. Last night we layed sod. We asked a couple family members to come help and many other neighbors and friends drove by and saw us laying it and stopped to help- we live in the best place ever and are so grateful for our friends and family. Now I just want to stay outside and look at it, our house looks a million times better.





When we got home Sunday night my old friend Britta stopped by (and when I say old I mean it's been a long time since I've seen her not that she's actually old cause she's my age and I'm not old so she can't be either :) Her kids immediately became best friends with mine and played for a while that night. Then they came over again yesterday and now my kids aren't sure how they will live without them. Carter and Kolton played Xbox and Wii the whole time while Camryn Kaler and Ellie played with the lambs, rode the horses, played tag and just had a great time. Logan and Bailey tagged along with the big kids too. It was great to see Britta again and get to know her kids, her daughter Ellie kept making faces that I would have sworn I was looking at my best friend Britta twenty years ago.


Kaler and Ellie (and that would be a classic "Britta" face that she's making with her huge cheese grin.)

Kaler and Kolton

Bailey and Camryn

7 comments:

Bev said...

Looks Great! I love the walkway up and the courtyard. I will come and see it someday-but it might be a year.

Noelle said...

I can't believe you've lived there 2 1/2 yrs! That seems crazy. But the yard looks great! Good job!

Ginger said...

It looks great. Sorry we couldn't stop an help. I love that Camryn's sweet spirit is shining through. In the picture of her winning the "fight" she is plugging Carter's nose for him. What a sweety.

Fish said...

I simply refuse to apologize for hating to do yard work. There was no way I was going to try and level that moonscape we had before.

CK Black Family said...

Your yard looks GREAT! And, is that hidden oasis behind your house with horses and what not yours?! Very cool!

Paula said...

Way to go! It looks great. Jeff is my uncle and he is pretty cool, it's good to see some of his work.

melandriley said...

It is so worth the money to have a sprinkler system. The yard looks great.

You should have taken a picture of your ol pal Britta...I haven't seen her in years.