Monday, June 8, 2009

kids say the darndest things

Logan has been going through a "stage" of trying to push me and see where the limits are and what he can get away with. We are battling a lot. As I write this he is picking up dog poop in the backyard as his punishment for not helping take care of the shoes this morning (I know I'm the meanest).


Between the fighting and whining, though, he says some of the funniest things so I still love the kid to death. Yesterday at church he was standing in front of me and out of the corner of my eye I noticed him put something in his mouth. Here's the conversation that followed:

"What are you eating?"

"A pretzel I found."

"Logan you don't eat things that you don't know where they came from"

"Oh don't worry I know where it came from, it came from right here" and he pointed to the hymn book holder.


As the sacrament came to us he was playing and I nudged him to take some bread. He excitedly stuck both hands in and got a peice in each I looked at him with the "you know better than that" look and he said "Dangit I thought it was popcorn." He then ate both peices and grabbed one more handful as it passed back by.


Logan,


Whoever said that age two was "terrible" didn't know you. Two was wonderful, you did what you were told (most of the time), you only whined a little, you gave more luvs then anyone I know. THEN YOU TURNED THREE- I am hoping that you grow out of the terrible threes before your next birthday, BUT if the funny cute little things that keep us laughing are part of the terrible threes then I'll take all of the terrible stuff cause you keep my smiling. I love you bud.


Mom

4 comments:

Bev said...

That's so funny! It is really hard to eat just one piece of popcorn. Maybe you could tell him that 3 pieces of bread means he has to try 3 times as hard to be like Jesus this week. I've always thought that 3 was so much harder than 2. By the time they're 3, they know better!

melandriley said...

He is pretty dang clever. You better watch out.

Rydgd said...

That was great! I don't know who said "terrible twos" were the worst. It is SO the 'three's' ...but you're right...they are hilarious as well. Enjoy that toad!

Marilyn said...

My kids were all exactly the same. I loved the two's it was the three's that was terrible!