Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July- "that means you can do whatever you want."

We had a great fourth of July this year. My sisters and their families all came to Blanding. We had lots of fun and it was sad when it was all done. I am so grateful to live in this country and I'm thankful to those who put their lives on the line every day so I can have the freedoms that I have. I was walking with Logan at the Carnival and he was being really slow cause he was trying to eat a snowcone and everyone knows you can walk and eat a snowcone at the same time. I was telling him he needed to go faster when somebody passed us talking about the 4th of july. Logan said "mom, guess what I just heard- it's the 4th of July" I said "yep, it is" he said "well that means you can do whatever you want" and I said "yeah you can, what do you want to do" he said "I want to sit right here and eat my snowcone". I am not sure where Logan got the idea that on the 4th of July we can do whatever we want but it's true- because of the freedoms that we have we really can "do whatever we want" even if it's sitting there and eating a snowcone. I am also very happy that I was raised in Blanding and now I get to raise my own kids here too. It is such a unique place where everyone is willing to do anything for their neighbors and friends. I love the fourth in Blanding and the fact that it brings friends and families together, the parade, carnival, horse games, and fireworks were all amazing and we are grateful to all the people who worked hard to make it an enjoyable holiday for us.
Waiting anxiously for the parade to start.
Soaking wet thanks to the fire trucks.
Cam and Jensen ridin' in the parade.
On a side note- congrats to Deco and Kera for their new addition. Baby Aleyah was born on the 1st. She is so precious and I can't wait to meet her. I am happy for them and I know they will be awesome parents.

Aleyah Jenelle Lyman

1 comment:

CK Black Family said...

Gotta love a good small town parade! It's so festive! Camryn looked so proud on her horse!