Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Bday CamBam





Camryn turned 9 yesterday!! I know I'm not old enough to have a 9 year old so I can't figure out what happened. She is such a good kid, below are a few of the reasons that I'm lucky to be Cam's mom.

1- She is beautiful

2- She is my live in babysitter. She is so good at tending Logan.

3- She loves to help- this past weekend she did all the kids laundry cause I was feeling overwhelmed.

4- She potty trained herself at age 20 months.

5- She is such a good friend- to me as well as her friends.

6- We always have a good time together.

7- She loves horses- just like her mom.

8- She is a girly girl- she loves jewelry and makeup (didn't get that from me however)

9- She is always so grateful for everything, especially quality time we spend together.

10- She's very smart.


Some of my favorite memories of Camryn:

1- Last Saturday girls day out- we had a blast

2- Last summer in San Diego Camryn and I spent an afternoon alone at Belmont Park. We rode the roller coaster, had lunch together, did a little shopping, and just had a good time together

3- When Cam was 3 she and I went to Indiana with my parents and Josh to see Noelle play volleyball, it was a blast. I don't know many three year olds that travel as well as Cam did.

4- When I was about 37 weeks pregnant with Carter I had some kidney problems that caused a lot of pain. I remember lying on the couch in pain and during the day when Jeremy was gone to work Camryn would take care of me. My mom would try to come and get her so I could rest but she wouldn't leave me. She would just sit by me and rub my back and tell me it would be OK. (she was two at the time).

5- Since Camryn was my first, her birth will always be the most vivid in my mind. It was such an amazing feeling to hold her and realize that she was mine. I still remember the night in the hospital after I had her- I couldn't sleep at all, I just wanted to hold her and smell her and love her, there's really nothing in the world to compare that feeling to.





I'm so glad to have such a sweet girl and I hope she will always be my little girl. She really is one of my best friends and I plan on doing everything I can to keep it that way. Happy Birthday Cam we love you!!

6 comments:

Bev said...

Happy Birthday Cam!!

Leslie Redd said...

Happy Birthday Cam, wish we lived near by so we could see you more often, we are missing all the fun you are having. We Love You!!!

Stacy and family said...

Happy Birthday!

What a sweet post. When my first-born was 9 I wanted to give her away to the gypsies. She and I were at war her entire third-grade year. Tales of survival...

Morkthefied said...

What an awesome girl! I especially love the story about her staying by your side when you were in pain and she was 2. Your writing and pictures have me cracking up!

melandriley said...

Happy birthday Cam! Krist your getting old.

Stacy and Tay said...

For some reason, reading this post almost made me cry and I'm not one to cry much. Cam-bam really is such a sweetheart. Happy Birthday Cam! We love you