Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July in Blanding

This post is a little late but I guess better late than never. The fourth of July was awesome, as usual. It was especially fun this year because I got to hang out with some friends that I don't see very often. On Thursday night we had a barbeque with the "old gang", it was lots of fun to hang out and catch up, luckily for Jeremy none of the husbands came until the very end so he got to be right in the middle of the girls conversation. Then on the fourth we did the usual. Cam ran in the fun run for the first time and did awesome, she ran with Jensen who was a good motivator for her and kept her going until the end, I was really proud of both of them. Then I ran in the 5K with a bunch of my family (my parents, Marilyn, Taylor, Lexi and I). I ran with my mom and even though we were at the end of the pack we ran the whole thing and finished, which was our goal when we started. Then we went to the parade, which the kids loved, after that we went to the carnival and got some food, by this time the boys were exhausted so Jeremy took them home and I stayed with Camryn while she paid to get dunked, which seems like a crazy thing to me but she really wanted to do it. Then we all came home and the kids went swimming in Uncle Jeff's pool with my mom and dad- side note: you couldn't really tell who was the adult and who were the kids while my dad played with the kids. Then we went to Bryce and Cathy's house for a birthday party for Jake and Spencer- their birthdays are the 5th and 6th of July so they always get to share their birthday celebration with the country. Then it was time to go to the Park and listen to the band (great one again this year) while we waited for the fireworks to start. And when they started it was worth the wait- they were great. Then we hauled our tired kids home and to bed- they were all pretty tired but they had been really good all day and I was happy to have had the day with them. The next day we went to Lake Powell with Melanie and her family on their boat, Aundrea also brought her family with their boat. I was really worried that at the end of the day my husband would have had such a good time that he would be searching online for a good deal on a boat but luckily for me it wasn't the best day for boating. It was super windy and so there were huge waves and riding across them was fun but a little painful. The kids still had a blast and made some new friends with the other kids, thanks again Mel for a great day. For some reason I forgot to take my camera all day on the fourth and due to the wind and water splashing higher than our heads in the boat there weren't alot of picture opportunities at the Lake. I ended up with these two pictures which were taken before all the fun began.

No comments: