Sunday, July 13, 2008

Carter is 6 1/2

Carter's birthday is on December 27th and for the first four years of his life I threw together a party for him at the last minute, for some reason I have a lot going on the week before his birthday and don't really have the time to properly prepare for a good birthday party so last year I talked Carter into waiting until his half birthday to have a friend party and we continued the tradition this year. We were in San Diego on his actual half birthday and when we came home it was the week of the fourth so I waited until last Friday to have it. He decided he wanted to go to Cortez to the Rec Center and swim, Mindy also came and brought her kids, having her help was the only thing that kept me sane that day. We swam for a while and then the kids wanted to climb the rock wall that they have there, unfortunately I had my camera in the bag that I put in the car before the rock climbing and I didn't get any pictures of that but that was lots of fun also. Then we went to McDonalds were we ate, opened presents and had birthday cupcakes. All in all it was a fun day for the kids and a pretty good headache for me but I guess that's what you do when your a mom :) I am so happy to have Carter in my life, he is such a little entertainer, our lives would be a lot duller without him. He is so good at making friends, I loved picking him up from school because almost every day he'd tell me about a new friend he made that day, when I'd ask what his or her name was he'd say "I'm not really sure". He's never been the best at remembering names- even our family. A couple weeks ago we saw Nicole in St. George on our way home from San Diego and the first thing he asked her is "where's Trent" to which she said "I'm not Noelle" and so he turned and asked me quietly "Taylor??" and I said "no she's not Stacy either". He is a funny little guy and we are very lucky to have him and we love him tons, happy half birthday Carter.
My fearless Logan. He hates water in his face but decided it was worth it to get to the slide and didn't stop climbing up to the top and coming down face first in the water. He only had one near death experience all day so it was a pretty good day.

Bailey and Logan just chillin and Mickey D's.
Opening presents- thanks again to all the friends for the cool stuff Carter got.

Left to right: Jake Moulton, Davis Mendoza, Camryn Carter and Logan, Spencer Moulton, Ryan Imlay and Trek Dewitt.

3 comments:

Bev said...

That was brave of you to take all those kids! You're such a good mommy!

Unknown said...

I had a "google alert" set up for my name and this blog came up last night.

please dont think me odd or weird for posting on your family site, but you'll understand when you read that my name is also Carter Redd.

As you likely know, it is hardly a common name and this is the 2nd time that i have come across it. Funny.

Anyway, happy birthday to Carter. All the best,

Carter C Redd
Delray Beach, Florida

Heats said...

2 Carter Redd's? Who knew? Random. Anyways, happy 1/2 birthday Carter! I hope you had a fun day and give your mom a big hug. You are brave to do that Kris!