Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Insignificant Six

Six insignificant things about me:

1- I'm the lightest sleeper in the world. I have to have it pitch black and perfectly quiet to sleep soundly. Needless to say, I haven't slept good in the past nine years since having kids, cancel that- I haven't slept good since I got married cause even when Jeremy isn't snoring if I can hear him breathe it keeps me up. Eventually I assume I'll spend most nights in the guest room- when it's finished. And don't even get me started on clicking clocks- they should all be destroyed.

2- I HATE HATE HATE doing laundry. Jeremy actually told me this morning he is on his last pair of clean underwear so I guess I have to do some today :( Oh and I don't Iron, if it needs to be ironed then I try sticking it back in the dryer and if that doesn't work then it must be time to take that shirt to D.I.

3- I, like the majority of my family, NEED my sleep to function. This doesn't go along very well with number one and so if you ever see me and I'm a little (or a lot) grouchy, it's probably because I didn't get enough sleep the night before. Today would be one of those days grrrrrrr.
Unlike many in my family, I can't fall asleep at the drop of a hat- man I wish I could. It takes a minimum of a half hour for me to settle down and go to sleep.

4- I didn't enjoy just being a stay at home mom. I was so excited when I had Cam that I was able to quit my job and stay home with her but I just didn't like it. I tried a few different jobs that I could do and also be a mom but until I found Medical Coding I just wasn't ever happy with anything. Now I have my perfect scenario- I work from home and get to hang out with my kids all day.

5- I love numbers. I constantly forget names and words and faces but I never forget a number. Since I started medical coding there are lots of times when I've been talking to someone about a medical condition and I can't think of the word for it but I know the code. I think if we could speak in numbers I'd be a great public speaker but as long as we have to use words I'll pass on public speaking.

6- I forget EVERYTHING. About a year ago I showed up to church, sat down in my regular spot, and as we started singing the opening hymn my husband turned to me and said "today's not the day your speaking is it?" Yep, I was speaking in sacrament meeting and I'd forgot and hadn't prepared anything. Luckily the topic was an easy one and I actually winged it pretty good, I think, and it turned out to be OK.

I tag: Chanelle, Mindy, Kristin, Cristi, and . . . I forget who else I was planning on tagging so just assume you've been tagged :)

2 comments:

Fish said...

I particularly enjoyed number six. Thanks.

Bev said...

I would have loved to be there that Sunday! I think I would have just got up and left. I had no idea you were a light sleeper. I remember setting up camp anywhere that looked semi smooth in pitch darkness and just crashing. I guess nature noises are more soothing-try sleeping outside. You forgot to mention you are also a mind reader.