Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jeremy's Insignificant Six

I told Jeremy to post his insignificant six, but he wanted to see what I thought his six were so here goes:

1- Jeremy hates wrinkly clothes- hmmm this doesn't go very well with my number two- so he is getting over it. As a child his mom ironed his Levis- disturbing, I know.

2- Jeremy hasn't eaten a peice of fresh fruit for over 25 years. He ate Acki in Jamaica, but it was cooked and was more like scrambled eggs then fruit. He now continues the non-fruit thing just to keep the streak alive. (I wonder why we have such a hard time talking Carter into eating things he "decides" he doesn't like, hmmm mystery. . . )

3- Taylor this one's for you- Jeremy STILL does the play by play to every video game he plays. Including talking about the amazing job the coach, aka him, is doing managing the game.

4- As a kid Jeremy had is very own BBS- which, for those of you who weren't complete nerds as a kid, is a buletin board system. It was the internet before the internet was. You could get on and leave a message for someone then they would get on and check and leave a comment back- the difference between that and the internet now- only one person could log on at a time so it was a little less than "instant message". He also programmed his own games as a small boy.

5- Jeremy drove and loved a Green 1976 Chevy Scottsdale until after his mission. He sold it to buy my wedding ring, to this day he still misses his green truck and wishes he never sold it. I try not to be offended by the fact that he wishes he'd never bought me a ring, OK now I'm putting words in his mouth. He was born in 1976 and now he drives and loves a 2001 Toyota Tundra, Carter was born in 2001 and he is certain that he will keep that truck until Carter turns 16 and give it to him.

6- Jeremy has worn the same belt for 11+ years- every day, every outfit, same exact belt. I helped him pick it out while we were dating and I've tried multiple times since to buy him a new one and he refuses saying that he has a perfectly good belt, weird I know.

3 comments:

Bev said...

I didn't know belts lasted that long! I didn't remember he sacrificed his special truck to get you a ring. The things guys get attached to!

Heats said...

That is funny. My dad made me iron all my jeans when I was young too. My friends all thought I was werid, but now I am opposite. I hate the iron. Don't do it. Just get it wet and throw it in the dryer and if it's bad send it to the laundry mat. They iron it.

Stacy and Tay said...

HaHa... I know Jeremy does the play by play. I have been there when he has done it. And I also hate wrinkly clothes, but not jeans. But I HAVE to iron my dress clothes. And I have probably 6, maybe more, belts. They have to match the shoes man!!!