Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A week with the Fam

Last week was a fun week spent with my family. On Wednesday and Thursday me, Marilyn, Heather, Noelle, and my mom did some food storage- we dry packed, we canned and then we spent an afternoon with my Grandma Black making her famous homemade donuts- all of these things made me realize how amazing my mom and grandma are, I was so exhausted at the end of those two days and I did a fraction of what they do every year for all their kids/grandkids, I will not use a bottle of taco sauce again without realizing how much time went into it.
Then on Friday we all headed out to the cabin in Colorado, in my opinion there isn't a prettier place on earth- OK maybe seven mile beach in Grand Cayman but the ranch in Colorado is definitely the prettiest place that I can drive to.

We all had such a good time, we rode four-wheelers, Logan's personal favorite.

We rode horses, Me and Cam's personal favorite.

Carter played a lot of computer, for a change, he also enjoyed playing outside and even started his own "Carving" club. We only let him use a plastic knife so his carving was severly limited but he still had fun.

The kids had fun boating on the fishing pond, except the boat kept "accidentally" tipping over. One night several of us went fishing while others went looking for bears, both were very unsuccesful. Below is a picture of Cam and Jeremy sitting watching for the bears.

Sunday was a rainy day, which bummed out the kids, but for me it wouldn't be a trip to Colorado if there wasn't at least one rainy day. Some people, I won't mention names, read books- BOARRRRRING!!

While others of us played a rousing game of SCUM- FUN!!!

All in all it was a fun weekend. My whole family was there, well Deco and Kera left their two dogs home but other than that there were 15 adults, 11 1/2 kids and 8 dogs, yeah that's right 8 dogs- probably 7 too many but they brought lots of entertainment too. Oreo and Halle (who are brother and sister) would have wrestling matches and the kids would each cheer for their favorites. It was a super fun week and I hope we can all do it next year, and the next, and the next. . . . . .

3 comments:

Bev said...

That sounds so fun! I loved going there with you. I think I only went once, but it was so fun and beautiful! Feel lucky your family gets along well enough to voluntarily get together!

Heats said...

It was so much fun hanging out with everyone! AND THANK YOU so much for letting me crash in you trailer. Thanks again to Hotel Redd!

Aundrea said...

That looks like a blast! You're so lucky you can drive to such a beautiful place!