Thursday, January 15, 2009

Feeling appreciated

If I ever wondered if my kids appreciated all that I do (laundry, cook, clean, taxi service) on top of having a full time job I got my answer today. I spent all my spare time yesterday doing the much dreaded laundry- which if you know me you know is one of my least favorite jobs. So by the time the kids got home it was done and just needed to be put away. I am kind of a mean mom and I make Camryn and Carter put their own clothes away so when they got home I told them that before they could play or watch TV or anything fun they had to do their homework and put away their clean clothes. Carter was expecting a friend to call and invite him over so he quickly got busy and finished everything in record time. I was very proud of him because usually he starts something and gets distracted and has to be reminded several times before he finishes. I thanked him for doing it so quickly and let him play with his friend. This morning I finally got around to putting Logan's clothes away- you know because I was playing all evening and stuff. And I was surprised to see that there were a bunch of empty hangers in Carter's closet- usually it takes every last one, no matter how many I buy we seem to always need more hangers. Immediately I thought "that little stinker, he shoved all his hang up clothes in a drawer" so I checked the drawers- Nope. Then I looked at the dirty clothes hamper. It was surprising full considering I had done the laundry the day before. The little stinker had thrown all the clean clothes right back in the hamper. HE IS SO GOING TO GET IT WHEN HE GETS HOME.

3 comments:

Bev said...

This made me laugh! There's NOTHING worse than washing clean laundry!

Ginger said...

I am the absolute worst at laundry. So if my kids did that I think I'd make them pull it out and wear it again anyway. Hopefully it will be a few more years before my boys are that sneaky.

Morkthefied said...

I love reading your blog, because I think I live the same life as you. I would have come unglued to see clean laundry in the basket, and then eventually it would have been me putting it all away again. Laundry really is the worst chore.