Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Message


Some weeks it's hard to find something to post for my sunday message others I have four or five ideas that I'd like to post. I know the difference is not in the content of the lessons I hear but in the spirit that I have with me and the attention that I pay. Today is a day that I heard several great talks and lessons and thanks to Logan sleeping through all of sacrament meeting I actually got to listen to all of it. My littlle brother gave a great talk as well as my cousin Nicole and in sunday school we talked about the translation of the book of mormon and Sis. Christianson gave a quote by President Benson that I really enjoyed:


"There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path.... When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words, you will find life in greater and greater abundance.

I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness "


2 comments:

Rydgd said...

I LOVE that quote! Thanks for sharing!

Bev said...

I don't even need to go to church anymore, I get more out your messages than the whole 3 hours of wresting with a 17 month old at church!