Sunday, January 25, 2009

Joshy Squashy





Today was a great day. My littlest brother Joshy Squashy (an endearing term given to him by "the little kids" aka Stacy, Deco and Noelle) spoke in church today. He will be entering the MTC on Wednesday to begin his mission. He will be there for nine weeks and then will head to Paris France. I can't believe it, I'm not really sure how it happened because just a couple weeks ago he was the cutest little six year old, and my best buddy. I decided I needed to post some funny Joshy stories because they no longer have the traditional farewell meetings in which you get the chance to do this.





My first story happened when I was home one weekend from College. Josh was in first grade and his class was going on a field trip to the famous dinosaur museum. When Josh realized that I would be home that day he asked if I could come. On the walk to the museum Josh didn't leave my side, he spent most of the trip talking to me and telling me the best first grade gossip. He told me about an after school activity that was coming up. I asked who he would go with and he named several of his friends. I don't remember exactly who but I'd bet they included Dane, Bean, and several others. He hadn't mentioned one of his best friends- Kyle, who was a red shirt kindergartner (for those of you not from Blanding I'll explain that phrase: many hold their kids back and don't send them until the year after they can go, you know for sports purposes- thus when they go they are a red shirt kindergartner) Anyways I asked Josh- What about Kyle? To which he rolled his eyes and said "Kristi. A first grader does not be seen with a kindergartner". I think he got over this though because he and Kyle are still really good friends.



The next story was also when I was in College but this time Josh was hangin out with me at my apartment. We were leaving to go somewhere and as we left a friend drove into the parking lot. I stopped and talked to him for a minute and found out they were going to another friends house and I told him I'd come over in a while. As we drove away Josh asked "do you think I could come over with you?" I said "sure" He said "thanks cause I want them to see me, I'm just little you know and I don't get seen a lot."

I really miss my little buddy but also love the big guy that he's grown up to be and I know he's going to be an awesome missionary. Watch out Paris France here comes Elder Lyman!!


ps: I would like to encourage all my brother and sisters and anyone else who knows a good Joshy story to either leave it in a comment or post it on your blog.

1 comment:

Bev said...

I love Joshy stories! Even better though were those pictures. I remember his cute curls in the back. I also remember that we thought it was so funny to make him say truck. Because his "tr" turned into an "f" sound. I'd be so mad if anyone made my kid say that all the time! Sorry Candice.