Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Green windows


Today in Stake Conference Brother Johnson, who is an assistant in the Temple presidency, told a story about the Monticello temple that I had never heard and I thought I'd share. When the temple was built they used some green tinted glass windows. Several years later they decided to add on to the temple. The addition would add eight windows to the temple. When they went to order eight more windows they were very discouraged to find out that those windows were not available anymore. I can't remember if the company went out of business or that window was discontinued or what. So they were looking at all their possibilities, considering replacing all the windows on the whole temple, but of course that would have been very expensive and blown the budget. Someone mentioned that they had seen some boxes in the maintenance shed that they thought had windows in them. When they looked into it sure enough when the original windows had been ordered a mistake had been made and they had ended up with extra. They went and looked and there were eight extra windows.
I just think that is an amazing story. I thought back to the original contractor who had "accidentally" ordered the wrong number of windows and how disappointed he must had been when he realized. So often in life we make "mistakes" that end up being blessings. Our Heavenly Father is watching over us and knows what we need, even when we don't.
On a side note- the picture above is another amazing job by Brooke Pehrson. You can order copies of it- see her webiste for more details.

3 comments:

Paula said...

That is a really cool story. I'm surprised Brayden's mom hasn't mentioned it since she worked a lot on the remodel. It is amazing how some mistakes just work out.

Brooke said...

Kristi, thanks for the shout out. I always wonder about the green windows, I have wondered if they were of any signifigance. But, now I think there is something special behind them. Thanks for sharing!
I love reading your inspiring thoughts. Thanks for sharing.
brookie

Heats said...

Wow, that is a great story. Thanks for sharing!