Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday

I think The Sunday before Christmas is one of the best every year but this year it was especially good. Sacrament meeting was a musical program that was really good. My favorite part of sacrament meeting though was seeing a newly ordained deacon pass the sacrament for the first time. Carson is autistic, he is also the sweetest boy ever, loves everyone, has a hug for anyone at any moment. He was obviously very nervous as he held the tray with one hand and bit the fingernails of his other hand. Another deacon walked with him making sure he knew where to go. It was truly an awesome thing to watch, I remembered years earlier when I was in primary and Carson was a little. . . let's just say hard. I don't think if you would have asked me at that time if he'd be capable of passing the sacrament when he got older that I would have said yes. He has amazing parents and brothers and sisters who have done an unbelievable job of raising him. They are great examples of patience and love. I know I am a true blue blogger because as I watched Carson pass the sacrament I wished I could take a picture.

2 comments:

Bev said...

How neat for Carson, and his family! I've been given many hugs from that little guy! Only Keith gives more hugs than Carson.

Erin said...

I loved seeing Carson too. He did so good. I kept looking up at his mom in the choir seats and she was overcome joy. I was so happy for them. What a great program.