Monday, December 29, 2008

Sledding- again

After all the snow that fell on Christmas we had to go sledding on Saturday so we bundled everyone up and headed back to the sledding hill. When we got there someone had made a huge jump at the end of one of the hills so Spencer (Mindy's 7 year old son) decided he'd try it out. I wasn't there yet but when I got there they all told me about it. He flew through the air (which you'll get to see Nicole do in the video below) but he landed straight on his back. He stood up screaming but that only lasted for a second at which point the screaming stopped and he fell face first into the snow- passed out. Luckily Jodene, who is a nurse, was there and quickly turned him over and managed to get him awake, his Uncle was also there who is a Dr. and he checked him out and didn't find anything wrong so off he went to continue sledding- he did stay away from the jump for the rest of the day though.


The second accident of the day happened a little later, it was not as scary and so we managed to get some pictures. You'll notice that my dad's laughing in the background and he's not laughing at Carter but at me for running over and quickly taking a picture- for the blog of course.


It was even Carter's Birthday. As I took him to the car he said "this is the worst birthday ever". He changed his mind later thankfully. After the bleeding stopped he just had a huge bruised bottom lip- just in time for the family pictures that we had scheduled that night. Even with the accidents it was another super fun day of sledding. Carter is even ready to go back.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, poor little guy. Did you still get your pictures done? Looks like you had a great time. I guess the snow can be fun sometimes.

Megan said...

Hmm, now I'm starting to rethink the sledding trip we have planned for tomorrow!

Noelle said...

Yay you're coming up for the party! Poor little Carter. I wish we could have been there for the sledding. I haven't been sledding in a long time!

JoAnna said...

Oh, sledding fun. My nephew broke his nose our first trip out. Derek has a small separation in his shoulder from our third trip. What fun and good memories :)

melandriley said...

Man sounds a little scary. You got tolaove those sledding accident stories.

melandriley said...

Man sounds a little scary. You got tolaove those sledding accident stories.

Heats said...

Sorry Carter!! I just finished catching up on all your posts. (I know I am really far behind) but I have to say I love the PJ's Kris. Next year will be even better cause we'll be down there with you. I was wondering if you took a few runs on the sled too?